ISS claims a unique position in the VMS category
Intelligent Security Systems (ISS) claims that it has pragmatically engineered a unique position in the Video Management System (VMS) category driven by the company’s documented innovations in analytics. The combination of ISS’ powerful SecurOS VMS with numerous natively developed analytics solutions provides users across a multitude of business categories and applications with unique capabilities. This unique level of embedded system intelligence continues to be validated by multiple patents awarded to ISS for advanced analytics.
“ISS has taken a unique approach to VMS system development by seamlessly integrating our exclusive analytics and innovative SecurOS VMS platform to deliver solutions that resolve users’ longstanding and emerging needs,” said Aluisio Figueiredo, CEO at Intelligent Security Systems. “This unique combination of VMS and analytics expertise not only detects and documents events, it provides the rich data necessary to analyze what may otherwise be perceived as disparate events, so management can be alerted to impending threats, abnormalities or policy/municipal violations. At ISS, we refer to it as ‘intelligent video defined.’
The company attributes this unique position to all the new patents it has won for analytics innovations in recent years and they include:
- Systems and methods for recognizing symbols in images for LPR/ANPR applications– methods or arrangements for reading or recognizing printed or written characters or for recognizing patterns, e.g. fingerprints using printed characters having additional code marks or containing code marks, e.g. the character being composed of individual strokes of different shape, each representing a different code value.
- Systems and methods for evaluating readings of gauge dial
- Systems and methods for recognizing symbols
- Systems and methods for dewarping images – interpolation-based scaling, e.g. bilinear interpolation
- Systems and methods for dewarping images – panospheric to cylindrical image transformation