ISC West, in collaboration with premier sponsor the Security Industry Association (SIA), has unveiled its robust lineup of networking opportunities, community engagement sessions, and award/peer recognition programs ahead of this year’s event, to take place next week on April 9-12 in Las Vegas, NV.
This year’s event will also feature an extensive number of additional events, award ceremonies and networking opportunities to bring the security and public safety community together and provide additional value to attendees, exhibitors and media.
ISC West & SIA Sponsored Events
- The Advance – SIA Annual Membership Meeting: SIA’s Annual Membership Meeting, The Advance, kicks off SIA events at ISC West, with official association business, plus volunteer appreciation, member awards and market intelligence. Registration for The Advance is open to all employees of SIA member companies and takes place on Tuesday, April 9 in Sands Room 505 from 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM.
- SIA InteropFest: The SIA InteropFest showcases interoperability among physical security solutions leveraging SIA’s Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) technology standard. The event is free to attend and features technology interoperability demonstrations as well as a networking reception. Open to all ISC West attendees, the SIA InteropFest will take place on Wednesday, April 10 in Marco Polo Room 701 from 4:30 PM – 7:00 PM.
- SIA RISE Happy Hour: A young security professionals networking event taking place at The Rockhouse Bar (in the Venetian) on Thursday, April 11 from 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM. THE RISE Happy Hour is for young professionals under 40 and individuals who have been in the security industry for less than 2 years.
- SIA Women in Security Forum Breakfast: Presented by ISC Security Events and the SIA Women in Security Forum, we would like to invite you to join us for a complimentary breakfast to celebrate Women in Security and support the participation of women in the security workplace. This year’s honorary speaker is Juliette Kayyem, the current Robert and Renee Belfer Lecturer in International Security and Faculty Director of the Homeland Security Project at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. Former Assistant Secretary for International Affairs to President Barack Obama, Kayyem brings incredible insight into our government’s security—both domestically and globally—and we’re sure this is an event you won’t want to miss. The event takes place on Friday, April 12 from 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM in Galileo Room 1001.
ISC West Keynote Series
- Day 1 Keynote: Delivering Results: How DHS and Industry Partnerships Drive Security Innovation(Wednesday, April 10 | 8:30 AM | Venetian Ballroom I, Level 2): In this session, keynote speaker William N. Bryan, acting under secretary for Science and Technology at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), will discuss the advances in mobility, machine learning and autonomous technologies that provide new capabilities to build resilience capacity and reduce risks. Open to all ISC West badgeholders.
- Day 2 Keynote: Stadium Security – As It Was, Where It Is and Where It Is Going… (Thursday, April 11 | 8:30 AM | Venetian Ballroom I, Level 2): Keynote speaker Russ Butler, vice president of security for the San Francisco 49ers and Levi’s Stadium, explores the history and evolution of the ever-changing stadium security landscape. Open to all ISC West badgeholders.
- ISC West Grand Opening Ceremony: Join us for the ISC West 2019 Grand Opening Ceremony, featuring the Official Drum Line of the Las Vegas Golden Knights–Drumbots! The Opening Ceremony takes place Wednesday, April 10 from 9:45 AM – 10:15 AM on the ISC West Main Stage (located on the Show floor inside the Hall B entrance). (Sponsored by: Speco Technologies)
- Official ISC West Customer Appreciation Party: Join us for the ISC West Customer Appreciation Party at TAO featuring complimentary admission for all ISC West attendees and exhibitors with your ISC West show badge. Enjoy one hour of open bar. Don’t forget your photo ID and ISC West show badge on Thursday, April 11 from 10:30 PM – 11:30 PM!
- Mission 500 Security 5K Run/2K Walk: The Security 5KRun / 2K Walk is the chance for our industry to come together with a common goal in mind, helping children and families in need. All proceeds generated by the race will be contributed to Mission 500, a non-profit charitable organization focused on the security industry and dedicated to serving children and families in need across the U.S. and beyond. Register for the Race in the ISC West Registration Area on Level 1. Shuttles provided to the race course from the Sands Expo Lower Level start at 6:15 AM on Thursday, April 11 and the race event is from 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM.
- ALEGRÍA La Fiesta Latina @ ISC West: Alegria is the meeting point for the Latin American community during ISC West. An event to rest, have a drink, make friends, and for those with a partner, hopefully a place to dance taking place Thursday, April 11 from 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM at the Blue Martini Lounge (in Town Square Las Vegas). RSVP on the website here.
- The SAMMY Awards, Hall of Fame and MVP Ceremony: Security Sales & Integration hosts the annual SAMMY Awards, honoring dealers and integrators for their sales, marketing, business and installation excellence. The gala also features the SSI Industry Hall of Fame inductions and presentation of the Most Valuable Product (MVP) Awards. All security professionals are welcome to attend, with the gala taking place on Tuesday, April 9 from 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM in Marco Polo Room 701.
- SIA New Product Showcase Awards Ceremony: The SIA New Product Showcase (NPS) is the annual awards program to recognize new and innovative security products and services in over 30 different product and service categories. SIA NPS Judges will designate winners of the prestigious Judges Choice and Best New Product awards, among other outstanding achievements on the ISC West Main Stage on Wednesday, April 10 from 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM.
- Fast 50 Awards: America’s Fastest Growing Security Dealers and Systems Integrators: Honor the fastest growing systems integrators and dealers at the Security Business magazine special event on the Main Stage at ISC West. The awards will take place at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, April 10 for some networking & light refreshments.
“ISC West has always been more than just an expo and each year our goal is to deliver robust and valuable special events programming, keynotes, awards and networking opportunities for tens of thousands of attendees,” said Mary Beth Shaughnessy, ISC Event Director. Whether you’re new to the industry or have been an attendee for years, there is a place for you to learn and forge connections with your industry peers and come away with the valuable knowledge needed to make bottom line decisions and valuable industry relationships, no matter what kind of security or public safety organization you work for.”
To register, please visit www.iscwest.com.