Johnson Controls receives leading scores for its integrated AI-infused solutions
Johnson Controls received the market-leading scores for its integrated AI-infused solutions in Verdantix’s assessment of 17 of the most prominent IoT platforms on their ability to deliver value and support enterprise-scale architecture.
Verdantix, a noted independent research and advisory firm, made its determination after live product demonstrations and an extensive questionnaire and survey of 285 real estate and facilities executives.
“Our OpenBlue solutions allow building and facilities managers to make better decisions supported by smart, autonomous buildings that continuously learn, adapt and automatically respond to the needs of the environment and people,” said Mike Ellis, executive vice president and Chief Digital & Customer Officer. “Johnson Controls is providing the right solutions at the right time – our customers want a comprehensive IoT platform to optimize energy, maintenance and space usage, and our technology provides a cost-effective, flexible and scalable platform.”
Verdantix’s study highlights the increasingly prominent role IoT platforms are playing in the collection and analysis of data to deliver higher levels of automation, leveraging insights to optimize building operations. The report calls out several strengths that differentiate Johnson Controls from its competitors:
- Enabling building and facilities managers to monitor and manage their assets through OpenBlue Enterprise Manager.
- Providing options for actions building managers may take when receiving an alert related to improving indoor air quality or space utilization focusing on either improving risk, optimizing energy efficiency and how to balance risk and energy efficiency.
- Creating customizable occupant experience through its Companion app that enable people to make choices about spaces or adjust comfort settings for heat or lighting.
- Offering a market-leading security solution, OpenBlue Cloudvue, that provides options for users to view important moments from closed-circuit television footage in convenient formats through remote viewing to allow for quick responses to emerging issues.
Based on its analysis, Verdantix recommends certain types of buyers who should be particularly interested in procuring offerings from Johnson Controls. They include:
- Large facilities looking for a comprehensive IoT platform.
- Businesses managing a diverse set of building assets.
- Organizations across industries seeking a modern, user-centric security solution.